Tuesday, April 29, 2008

getting with the program

so back in good old orem, utah our friends were all good about getting excercise and lets just say that john and i aren't the best. while i was in st. george john and i decided we needed to get moving more so we stole my moms treadmill and got ourselves some real running shoes. that is right i said running shoes. we all know that john and i are anti running but we decided it was the cheapest and hopefully easiest way to get some exercise in. so i'm happy to report that we have now exercised six days in a row (of course we didn't exercise on sunday) and we are going strong. we aren't up to running the whole time yet but we will get there. i'm just happy i'm doing something. and jack of course loves to get on the treadmill and do his part.

4 comments:

Meli said...

wahoo!! congrats! two things....ummm i expect an all thanks to my beautiful favorite friend, melinda...hahahah and two....since you are not out of the house when you exercise, i expect you to leave 3/week to do something else for yourself. i love you!! good job! youre way better than me!

the buff and stuff said...

it sounds like you are running more then me and i'm jealous! when do we get to see you anyway. shannon i need help so please come play with me. tell john it's important. what a cute boy we really miss him at our house. ri doesn't get that AZ is far away.

Sarah said...

Yay for you! I'm kind of shocked that you're running. We just bought a double jogger so I'm really hoping that Brian will motivate me because I haven't been since last summer. Good for you Shannyn- I'm proud!

Flinders Family said...

Yeah, not quite the same w/o our little team, but way to go! I could use some of your motivation so pass it on! Keep me updated on your progress!