Wednesday, April 07, 2010

easter and a few more firsts

easter was awesome and it was great to be able to come together and celebrate as a family. of course my mom is still with us because miracle of miracles i'm still pregnant and on bed rest. this year instead of the traditional easter dinner i requested won tons and they were delicious. i wouldn't mind making that a new easter tradition. we had steph and family and tom and family come up and celebrate with us. grandma provided an awesome easter egg hunt with candy, little treasures and money eggs. of course the easter bunny came and left a basket for jack. all in all it was a wonderful easter and was made that much better being conference weekend and being able to hear from the Lord's prophets and remember the real reason we have to celebrate, the resurrection of Jesus Christ and the opportunity we all have to be resurrected because of His sacrifice.




jack found a couple of the money eggs including the golden egg that had $5 in it. we traded the dollar eggs for quarter eggs because jack doesn't really care about paper money, silly boy.

now for the firsts going on in our household. the first one of note is that i actually have a scheduled c-section. it is set for april 28th and it seems like i will actually make it because all of my levels are staying stable. i can't believe it and i'm actually nervous because my last c-section i was completely under sedation and this time i will be awake the whole time. i'm excited that i will actually get to see my baby right away assuming all is well and healthy with him. i say him because we still have not picked out a name for him. we are hoping that once we see him a name will come to us.

another first for me is that my mom taught me how to crochet and i'm making my first blanket ever and i decided to make it for jack since "brother" is getting one from grandma and nanna. jack picked his colors, it is his imagination movers blanket. it is taking me forever, one because i'm not very good at it and two it is hard to crochet laying down so i don't get to work on it for very long. i tried to talk him into making it a scarf but he wasn't having that, it has to be a blanket. maybe one day i will finish it, hopefully before he graduates from high school.

finally and this is very late in talking about but my awesome visiting teachers threw me my very first baby shower back in march. i didn't get to have one with jack because he came so early and without warning that there wasn't time to have one. i love those ladies and i am so grateful to have them in my life.



some of the ladies that came to the shower.
that is all for now, stay tuned for updates on the baby and other things going on in our lives.

3 comments:

Reynolds said...

Hooray for firsts and easter. You look great and I can't even believe that you are crocheting. I have all thumbs on my hands so I would never be able to do that.

Laura said...

I'm gald that Easter was a success. MMMM wantons.I love the photo with Jack holding his money!!

Sarah said...

shannyn! I have been waiting for an update for awhile- I wondered if you had had your little boy already! But you're still pregnant! Way to go. I'm so glad you got a shower- you deserve it. What thoughtful friends you have.

Can't wait to hear what you name this boy. Maybe I can just use the name you pick, since we are having the same trouble. It's hard to name a person!

Good luck with everything!