Sunday, June 15, 2008

happy father's day...and more

i justed wanted to wish all the fathers out there a very happy fathers day, but i especially want to let my "hooch" know that he is the very best father i could ask for, for our little jack jack. i could not do the things we have to do if i didn't have you as my partner. i know that jack loves you and is so happy to have you as his father. i hope that our jack jack grows up to be just like his dad. we love you daddy.




another note of interest, we found out on friday that jack qualified for developemental preschool. i have mixed emotions about the whole thing, happy that he is going to get the extra help he needs but a little sad he needs the extra help. if that makes any sense at all. i guess i'm just shallow or somethings because i just want jack to live an average childs life and that is not the path heavenly father has in store for him. i know that, that means he has a super strong spirit and i'm lucky heavenly father thought john and i were the best parents for him. i guess i'm just having a human moment. don't get me wrong i know that jack can and will do anything he wants to do in life.

so back to the origianlly point of this, he will actually start school this august and he will go 4 days a week for 2 and a half hours. i can't believe my baby is going to be in school. not that 2 and a half hours is a long time but i don't know what i'm going to do with myself. i haven't been alone in my house for more then an hour since jack was born. well wish us luck with this whole transition, i'm pretty sure jack will love it and really benefit from this opportunity.

what a way to kill the happy fathers day, huh!?!?

4 comments:

Meli said...

Awww Shanita! So sweet. Hey tell John happy fathers day and hes looking pretty good! Way to go John!! As for the other point, Yay for Jack and you did not kill the blog. You are real and that is why everyone loves you! Cant believe our babies are gorwing up. i am sure he will be the smartest in his class and everything will work out. And yes you were the best mom for jack and you were awesome and thats why you got him. Heavenly Father would never trust me. ha! And of course jack was sooooo awesome!!

Ginger said...

Shan,
Wow. School! That will be a big change, huh? I think you will be amazed at how much older he seems after he's been going for a month. He is going to learn so much! I am so proud of Jack and hope he realizes how lucky he is to have two great parents!

Reynolds said...

I think I speak for a lot of people when I say that you are an amazing little family. We all know that we aren't given more than we can handle (thankfully) and that we all have our trials. I am just grateful to have you as an down-to-earth no pretending real person example who deals with a tricky situation with strength and class. I know I would be tested under less tricky times... You rock!

Sarah said...

Oh Shannyn. I think you are amazing. And I think you and John are such great parents and so good with Jack. I have always been impressed with how involved and concerned, yet laid back you are about Jack. I think you have the perfect balance and I don't think everyone has that.

Maybe it's time we called each other? Is six months long enough? I'll call you sometime soon.

And...John is such a cute daddy!