Monday, December 01, 2008

hooray for turkey day...and more

this is the first year in 3 years that we actually got to spend thanksgiving with immediate family and it was awesome. we were lucky enough to have nanna and papa come up from california to spend the holiday with us. we even got the illustrious matt to make an appearance. the best part of the holiday besides all our blessing of course is the fact that i didn't have to cook the turkey and that jack actually ate the dinner served, i didn't have to prepare a separate meal for him. i've noticed that a lot of my posts have to do with what jack ate or didn't eat. oh well that is our life and i wouldn't change it for the world. we were also very lucky to have my sister and her family spend the holiday with us, it was an awesome florez/modrell/vaknin party. this is a late post but i just want to give thanks for my family and friends and this awesome country that we live in so we can the freedoms we have and the gospel in our lives. with that said bring on christmas!!!

we of course tried to get a family picture since this was the first time in a long time we were all together but the kids of course had other plans and didn't want to cooperate.


the whole crew enjoying the grub

jack actually sitting at the table and eating the food



laura and kevin borrowed a fun bounce house that entertained the kids for a while so the grown ups could have a little down time.

5 comments:

Laura said...

I love you guys!! Thanks for comming down.

Reynolds said...

Yay for family! I am glad you had a good time with your fam.

The Culbertson's said...

One of my Favorite Thanksgivings of all time was spent with the Florez's. the amount of food I ate was...wait for it... legendary.

jamie said...

Looks like you had fun! As far as the family picture, Jack and Lily are looking at the same thing, it is the adults who aren't looking with them :0)

Sarah said...

Shannyn!?! Twilight? I know you've seen it. I wish we could have seen it together. Is Edward still your boyfriend? I didn't think I'd like him, but I sure did. I wish you just lived upstairs and we could discuss in detail!

Your Thanksgiving looked fun. Did you cook everything? Impressed if you did. Impressed anyway because you hosted. :)