Monday, December 08, 2008

trying to get into the christmas spirit

i can't believe it is already several days into december and it is still in the 70's. it just doesn't feel like the christmas season, i guess i've lived in utah too long that christmas means seeing my breath in the air and snow on the ground and that is just not happening here. so in order to feel more like it is really christmas time we made a ginger bread house, went to glitter fest in glendale, went the the "world's largest living christmas tree" lighting here at our local outlet mall, saw santa, went to the mesa temple lights and i'm even drinking my favorite stephen's hot chocolate while i write this post but even with all of that something is missing.

that thing that is missing is my christmas tree. in an effort to save money john ordered our fake tree online and it is still not here. cross your fingers it will get here tomorrow december 9th!!! i've been collecting ornaments for my birthday to decorate my tree and they are just sitting in the bag waiting. but until then here are some pictures of our christmas outings so far.










3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What Shannyn neglected to mention was that I got a smoking deal on the tree ($200 tree for $50) and that I ordered it the day after thankgiving. I didn't think it would take Home Depot would take this long to send it to me...

Gooches said...

you guys look so cute! i hope you are happy out there! nate has that same brown and yellow jacket john has on funny! how are you guys?

val said...

Sounds like you are doing lots of fun things. Is your tree there yet? I hope so! I agree, it took me a while to feel Christmassy with warm weather and yellow leaves still on the trees. But the last few days got a little cool and hot chocolate finally sounded good!