Wednesday, September 28, 2011

country girl for the weekend

this past weekend i was lucky enough to be able to go to idaho falls to visit my bestie smellin a.k.a melinda and her cute family. it was a weekend of hanging out, talking, debating, eating fabulous food, playing with the boys, monster truck riding, shopping and gardening. our friendship is one of those that no matter how long it has been since we've seen each other we can just pick up right where we left off. as melinda likes to remind me we have been friends for 20 years and that number is just going to keep getting larger. i'm so lucky to be able to count her as my friend.



those who know melinda know she isn't shy. while we were driving home we drove past the ford dealership and melinda was telling her boys to look at the cool monster truck and then she was like wait a minute my boys would love to go for a ride on that thing. so she flips a brody and wouldn't you know it we get ourselves not one but two rides on the monster truck.


and of course a trip to idaho falls wouldn't be complete without some farming. lucky for me, melinda just so happens to have a very good sized garden of her very own. she put this city girl to work and i'm happy to report i got my hands dirty and i only pulled out one of her plants and ruined it. go me!!


and for old time sake we had to get our traditional chocolate blasts from baskin robbins. those puppies are way too good!!

smellin head, thank you so much for letting me come and thank you to my awesome husband who took off work to watch our boys so i could go.

1 comment:

Jer and Cam said...

Look at you going on a fun girls trip! What a couple of hot mamas! I'm so glad you got to go play...did you hit Tauphaus park by chance? You know that was the highlight of my summer vacation to Idaho Falls EVERY year of my life??