Sunday, October 19, 2008

California Dreamin'

We had the fortune of going to visit Nanna and Poppa out in California this last week, sadly it came to an end way too quickly. Here is a recap of the weeks events:

Park day.

All I can say is thank heavens for grandparents! Seeing as how Shannyn and I have permanent shoulder problems due to having to push Jack on the swing all the time, it was nice to get some relief. Jack loved having Poppa around to push him to his hearts content.














Downtown day.
Shannyn wanted to get a "Dooney Burge" purse from Santee Alley in L.A., so we thought it would be fun to take the subway and the bus out there since Jack loves trains and buses. We managed to make it their and back without being mugged or harassed by bums, so it was a pretty successful outing. Oh and we got some cool stuff too. Try to take pics of the purses and shirts we got at some other time and put them up, but just know that they are pretty awesome (and they were super cheap).


Beach day.
One of Jack's favorite shows is "Ni Hao Kai-lan." It's about a little Chinese girl and her tiger friend Rintu, koala friend Tolee, and spider monkey friend Ho Ho (I can sing you the theme song if you like, that is how often we watch it). I guess he was getting tired from all the spanish on Dora and Diego so he wanted to try his hand at chinese. Anyhow, for one of the episodes, they go to the beach and make sand castles. Since that episode, whenever we would go to the park, Jack would say he is making sand castles. So we thought it might be fun to take him to the beach. Which it was, he loved it!
As you can see by his outfit (or lack thereof), we didn't think he would want to get wet since the water was so cold. We were wrong.



Disney day.
Nanna and Poppa got us tickets to Disneyland for Christmas this year (which may have to be a tradition, just letting you know ahead of time so you can start saving now). You might think it weird that we are getting Christmas presents in October, but I sort of like to get my presents from my parents way ahead of time. I don't think I have received a present from them on Christmas for about 10 years. Totally my fault though. Just don't have the patience. This way at least I get a good nights sleep before Christmas though. Right, Disneyland. Jack had a blast. He was great the whole day. Loved the jungle cruise (of course he loved the animals). Loved the tea cups (doesn't stop laughing the whole ride). Loved making Dumbo go up and down. He even took a nap while we had lunch in peace (that may have been the best part of the day). All in all it was a great day, THANKS NANNA AND POPPA!!!

6 comments:

Laura said...

It looks like you had the funnest time ever!!! You got some great beach shots!!

val said...

What a fun trip! I love the beach pics too. And I absolutely can't believe you have Christmas in October. Your parents must be so prepared, I can't figure anything out that early!

Vaknin Family said...

Looks like a ton of fun, wish we could have gone too.

Meli said...

great pics shan! oh my dear beautiful shannyn, how ive missed you and now i know why we havent talked ina while. i didnt know you were going to ca! did you know i almost went last weekend?!!? you should have told me and then i def would have gone! anywho, great pics! im so jealous! love ya!

Unknown said...

Looks like you had a great time!!I'm sorry I missed you guys :(

Rachel and Scott Mathison said...

Jack is getting so big. He is a cutie! Looks like you guys had a lot of fun!