Wednesday, October 01, 2008

wait a minute, i actually miss utah!!

(a picture of our trip to bryce with our friends scottie and rachel. i know it doesn't have to do with fall but it is just a reminder of how beautiful utah really is.)

can you believe you are reading this from shannyn florez, but it is true i miss utah. i miss my friends and being familiar with my area, knowing my way around but i especially miss the seasons. well i should clarify, i miss the fall season, the sweater weather, going to thanksgiving point for the pumpkin festival and the beautiful changing leaves on timp and provo canyon. it is still 100 degress here and i'm starting to think that i will never get to wear the hundreds of sweaters i have collected from living in utah for so long. ok that is all i really have to say because thinking about utah is making me sad.




10 comments:

jamie said...

awww....we miss you here too!

Sarah said...

I really CAN'T believe I read that from Shannyn Florez! Who would have thought? Utah misses you too, especially me. I would hate to have it still be 100 degrees. It's still in the eighties here and I'm thinkin' "come on, I need soem crisp air here". WIsh you were here to wear sweaters and your uggs with me.

Vaknin Family said...

I'm right there with you sister... fall is one of my favorite seasons, that has been one of the hardest things for me about moving to Arizona. But at least we have each other.

Adam and Jenica said...

It looks like you had fun. I know what you mean about the weather. I could totally do without the winter time except on Christmas day. Jack is so cute and I hope I get to see him again. You all look so great. Tell Jack one of his nurses says hi.

val said...

We miss you in Utah too! We aren't as hot as you, but, it's still been getting in the mid 90's..(so sick of it!) until today! We had rain and cooler weather, and I put on jeans and a long sleeve shirt for the 1st time in several months! I love it! Hope you get some sweater time soon!

Reynolds said...

You and your sweaters are always welcome here... it would be fun to see you. You'll have to make a trip up!

Satisfying my Sweet Tooth said...

see! Utah really isn't as bad as you thought it was. But to make you feel better, fall only lasts like 3 days and then it's winter anyway. But we do miss you! (oh, this is Becky, but I'm commenting under my food blog name)

Meli said...

yeah another cool thing abt utah is that you would only be a few hours away v. a whole days drive. see, ...you should move back

buff's stuff said...

gosh i've been thinking the same thing. i miss utah, i miss MY FRIENDS i want you guys back. i say a girls get together someday, sounds good to me. happy hot fall to the both of us.

Rachel and Scott Mathison said...

Love the picture! We sure miss you guys! I love looking at your blog. I made a blog for us as well. Scott does one for the whole mathison family. My is scottandrachelmathison.blogspot.com