Monday, August 25, 2008

i'm probably just crazy

we have now made it through two whole weeks of jack in school and i swear i'm already noticing the growth jack is making. he is talking more and in complete sentences. today when i dropped him off he didn't even fuss at all and didn't care that i left. i picked him up and he knew the drill and started telling me all about what he did in class, he is actually doing puzzles now, playing with play dough, coloring and asking for things without whining. this may not seem like a big deal to other people but for jack it is huge. i have to say i'm very pleased to see all these improvements in such a short amount of time. i still don't get feed back from his teachers and i don't really know what all they do in class but it seems to be going well. am i crazy to think that there can already be that many improvments?

another thing that makes me crazy is the fact that i'm a mother and "gave birth" to my son but i was completely freak out with the idea of my sister going into labor while i was down there for her baby shower. i've never been around someone about to go into labor and i have no idea about all the warning signs that the baby is just around the corner. the whole weekend i was paranoid that the baby was just going to drop out or something. i know that, that is not what would happen, but again i'm crazy. i'm happy to report that my sister did have her baby girl, haylie and both are doing really well. she is a tiny, sweet and a beautiful little girl. it is nice to have another girl in the family finally.

this has been another look into my messed up mind and what goes through my head on a daily basis. it is a crazy place in there.

2 comments:

Vaknin Family said...

Well Shannyn I do suck!! We really do appreciate everything that you did for us, I just had a brain fart (too much bacon) we love you guys very much and we are so happy for Jack. by the way read my post again.

val said...

Oh, I sure appreciate the visit into your crazy place! Always fun! And I'm so glad Jack is doing so well in preschool! Happy Day!