Thursday, August 07, 2008

meet the teacher night

tonight was back to school night and an opportunity to take jack to meet his teacher and see his classroom. well we now know jack's teacher's name, mrs. zeek and that is about it. i tried to ask the teacher questions but i really didn't get very good answers. and top it all off the teacher didn't even really try to interact with jack. i know you all think i'm crazy but, one there was only one other family in there with us and two she is a developemental preschool teacher so shouldn't she be more out going and more approachable. i mean these are kids with "special needs." we went and spent about 40 minutes in there, jack loved all the toys and the "magic carpet" with all the shapes, but he could care less about the teacher. i know i shouldn't look to far into that but it makes me very nervous. jack tends to do whatever he wants in nursery and doesn't ever want to participate in group activities, what is he going to be like in school. i left back to school night not feeling very prepared and very anxious about the whole thing. i don't think it helped that i had to do this by myself, john was out of town unfortunately.

another interesting thing of note, while jack was playing with a bunch of cars in his classroom another kid older and bigger then jack came over and started to play. as soon as this kid sat down jack goes right over to him and pushes him and yells at him. jack has never done anything that aggressive before, he is usually the one who waits around until the kid is done playing with something and then takes his turn. school is going to be a rude awakening for the florez family. wish us luck and i will keep you all posted on the adventures in preschool, to which i'm sure there will be many.

4 comments:

Tyler said...

give me the name of the kid and i will beat him down! ha ha! hmmm, im not sure im feeling the teacher too. is she the only one? personally, i would not let him go if it was my child, but then we all know that im a psycho bear mom. hope it goes well. you can call me to get on her if you want. ha! by the way, this is melinda, i accidentally am tyler today

Jeni Everett said...

It's amazing how kids adjust to new situations. I am sure Jack will be just fine after a few days. Jack is an awesome little guy...he will do great!

Laura said...

I hope Max didn't teach him how to push. I know Jack will do great.

Reynolds said...

I always felt torn at back to school night because I had too many kids to try to interact with, I can't imagine only having a couple to deal with and not taking that chance. On the other hand, I always felt a lot of pressure so I wasn't my best self those nights. I'd give it a chance. Jack is a go getter and a little champ, he'll be fine.