Sunday, August 10, 2008

My son is trying to kill me...

Yes, it's true. For the first time in his short life, Jack almost gave me a heart attack! While I am sure it won't be the last time he does this to his old man, it was the first.

Need a little background first. A few weeks ago, we were staying over at Steph's. I wake up to Jack whining. Nothing out of the normal, but then the whining starts moving down the hall. WHAT??? I got up, looked around, and found no adults who would have taken Jack out of his crib. Sure enough, the little bugger had engineered a crib break!

He has since tried it a few times with varying degrees of success, but for the most part I am pretty sure he ends up falling out of his crib since we have found him on the floor crying.

So last night, we decided to put him in his big boy bed since he always asks to sleep there but never actually sleeps. He did fine on Friday night so we figured he had got it down. Well after about 2 hours of listening to Jack play in his room, we decide it's time he goes back to the crib. Sure enough he falls right to sleep or so we thought.

As we are going to bed, I tell Shannyn, "I am going to go lower the crib rails in Jack's bed so if he tries to climb out, he doesn't fall as far."

So here I am, sneaking in to Jack's room in the dark. Trying so carefully to lower the rail without making noise. I get it lowered (pretty darn quietly I might add) and I am kind of staring at this mess of blankets in Jack's crib trying to make out where Jack is (did I mention it was dark). I can't make him out, so I start feeling around the bed. Nothing! That was the moment Jack almost gave me a heart attack. So I flick on the light, the little turkey had climbed out of his bed (without making a peep mind you because we had the monitor on) and in to his big boy bed where he was going to sleep for the night.

So there you have it, proof that Jack is trying to kill his old man. Maybe if I tell him he is not the beneficiary of my life insurance he will cut it out...

1 comment:

val said...

What a cute story!!! So there is hope for Gavin, huh?